Saturday 26 June 2010

Olafur Eliasson fog rooms



Yesterday I finished my little cultural catch-up with the Frida Kahlo retrospective and Olafur Eliasson's first Berlin solo show at the Martin Gropius Bau.

I was moved most by Olafur Eliasson's fog rooms which need to be experienced for their pure foggy joy. Always one for a sensory adventure, they were the works that I enjoyed due to their interactive nature - to bathe in coloured fog felt beautiful to me.

Frida Kahlo's work has always interested me for its symbolism and strong female honesty and vulnerability. To see so much of it in one place was a treat indeed! The heaviness of her story was palpable and I admit, I was relieved to have left the Eliasson work until last on my long afternoon at the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment