Sunday 17 January 2010

Carriageworks and other antipodean treasure




This post is essentially about one of my favourite contemporary arts venues in Sydney called Carriageworks - a sensitive conversion of the old 19th century Eveleigh Rail Yards in Sydney's inner suburb of Redfern/Darlington (a little bit Berlin in feeling...) I simply love this spunky place of creative cultural exchange across all forms, and have seen some really wonderful performances here since it opened in 2007.

Last night Thomas and I were lucky enough to see the wonderfully creative, whimsical production by New Zealand's Red Leap Theatre company, based on The Arrival, a much-loved illustrated book by Shaun Tan about migration (appropriately for me who is about to return to my chosen home of Berlin). It was part of the Sydney Festival - an always highly anticipated part of summer living in Sydney for arts lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment