Friday 16 January 2009

Exactitudes




Tonight in conversation with my friend Marco I was reminded of work I love, which I discovered by chance a few years ago when I bought the book of this title. The photographic oeuvre of Ari Versluis & Ellie Uyttenbroek from Rotterdam utterly speaks to me about why I love fashion and perhaps more specifically clothing worn in everyday life, and then documentary photography. Clothing, whether consciously or unconsciously, communicates a lot about us - how we define ourselves, or wish to be seen/perceived, or with whom we wish to belong... Whether we make any effort or not in the morning when we dress, we always have some kind of relationship with clothing... and this thought motivates me to keep going in my moments of doubt about fashion!

http://www.exactitudes.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment